FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2018 - FEMM
The registrations for FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2018 are closed.
For a complete list of projects under FOSSEE fellowship, visit FOSSEE fellowship page.
Click here to know the important dates.
Complete one Textbook Companion (TBC) using Finite Element Method Magnetics (FEMM).
- The Textbook Companion Project aims to port all the solved examples from standard textbooks using FEMM. Any standard textbook can be used for this purpose.
- Download FEMM from http://www.femm.info/wiki/HomePage
- To learn FEMM, refer to the tutorials here: https://www.ee.iitb.ac.in/~fclab/FEM/
- Please send a proposal with the name of the book you want to work on to info[at]fossee[dot]in with subject line "FEMM-book proposal, <book name>". Following are suggested textbooks which can be used to create a TBC.
- M. N. O. Sadiku and S. V. Kulkarni, Principles of Electromagnetics, Sixth Edition, Oxford University Press, India, 2015 (Asian adaptation of 'M. N. O. Sadiku, Elements of Electromagnetics, Sixth International Edition, Oxford University Press').
- R. K. Shevgaonkar, Electromagnetic Waves, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 2006.
- N. Ida, Engineering Electromagnetics, Third Edition, Springer, New York, 2015.
- W. H. Hayt, Jr. and J. A. Buck, Engineering Electromagnetics, Eighth Edition, McGraw Hill, New York, 2012.
- A. Pramanik, Electromagnetism Volume 1 (Theory), Second Edition, PHI Learning Private Limited, New Delhi, 2014.
- Please send two sample code from the book along with the proposal.
- The code should follow the naming convention as given, for example, 3rd solved problem from chapter 1 (Example 1.3) should be represented by code named as Ex1_3.fem. The code will not be approved if the naming convention is not followed.
- Your proposal will be reviewed and approved/disapproved (within one working day).
- After receiving the approval of your proposal through email id, you can proceed to complete the TBC.
Students from Electrical Engg. background with sound knowledge of electromagnetics.
Procedure for submitting the solved examples:
- You will receive an email with the subject line "FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2018 - Submission".
- Click here to visit the submission portal and login with your username and password given in the email.
- Select FEMM under 'My Courses' section to submit the task(s).
Following criteria will be considered while evaluating the codes:
- Complexity of the codes
- Accuracy of results obtained