FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020
Please keep visiting this page for updates
Last updated on: 23 January 2020
- All college students (bachelor, masters, Ph.D., etc.) from all streams (engineering, science, arts, commerce, etc.) are welcome to participate in the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020.
- FOSSEE works only on promotion and development of Free/Libre and Open Source Software in education. For more updates on the FOSSEE Fellowship please keep checking this website
Registrations and Submission opens on
01 January 2020
Registration closes on
25 February 2020
Submission closes on
07 March 2020
Announcement of the Fellowship results
Mid April 2020
Commencement of Fellowship will be tentatively from
Mid May 2020
We request you to share the above fellowship poster with faculty members, students and others who might be interested. You may print the poster (native size - A4) and display on notice boards.
- To register and enroll, click here
- The participants can select up to a maximum of two topics mentioned in the below tables and submit the screening task for the respective topic
- The details of the topics and screening tasks for each are given in the tables under "Topics for the screening task submission" tab
- For the topics under: "Tasks which require proposal and acceptance", the participants have to first make a proposal and submit the tasks only after the acceptance of the proposal
- For the topics mentioned under "Tasks which do not require proposal and acceptance", the participants have to directly submit the task without any proposal
- The completed tasks will be reviewed by the domain experts in the FOSSEE team
- After the review, the selected participants will be called for the fellowship at IIT Bombay.
- If a participant selects a task under "Tasks that require submitting a proposal and accepting it" and has completed it, then the participant will be eligible for honorarium and certificate.
You are allowed to select a maximum of two topics from the below tables. But we recommend you to focus on one topic and submit it successfully.
- Tasks that require submitting a proposal and acceptance, resulting in collaborative content creation
- Tasks that require a test and possibly a small activity (no collaborative content creation, however)
Click here to view the FAQs
- The FOSSEE team encourages you to select a maximum of two topics mentioned in the above tables.
- We strongly recommend you to complete and submit at least one task from the selected topics for better chances of selection
- Each task should be taken up by an individual only. We do not encourage group submissions.
- Honorarium (if any) will be as per FOSSEE norms.
- Kindly make sure that your submission files do not contain any copyrighted content.
- FOSSEE team shall evaluate the submissions and declare the final list of selected candidates for fellowship on the basis of the completeness, correctness and the quality of the tasks submitted.
- FOSSEE team reserves the right for the selection and rejection of the FOSSEE fellows. This decision shall be final and non-questionable.