FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2023
Please keep visiting this page for updates
Last updated on: 20 March 2023
FOSSEE invites applications for the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2023. The students get an opportunity to work with FOSSEE for approximately 2 months. This is a remote (tentatively) fellowship with support and mentoring by the FOSSEE team. To get shortlisted for the fellowship, select a project and choose a screening task from the table given below under screening task details. You need to complete at least one of the screening tasks. The selection will be purely based on the evaluation criteria of each screening task.
How to Participate?
Students who are selected for this Fellowship can be from any college, pursuing any degree, and at any stage of their graduation/ post-graduation. The only criterion for selection is the successful completion of a useful project. Students desirous of getting selected for this Fellowship have to learn Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS) and complete some screening tasks. These tasks can involve programming/ scientific computing/ conducting awareness workshops/ collecting data that will be of use to the community. These screening tasks are not very complicated and can be done over a period of two weeks.
Terms of Engagement: Remote (tentative) Full time / Part-time
Last date of Registration
07 April 2023
31 March - 16 April 2023
24 April 2023
Commencement of the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2023
07 May 2023 (tentative)
Conclusion of the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2023
Mid July 2023
- To register Please select one of the projects from the table given below and fill out this form to register.
- The submitted task will be reviewed by experts/ mentors from the FOSSEE team.
- After the review, the top submissions will be selected. The results of the selected fellows will be displayed on the website.
- The fellows will get the flexibility to work full-time (8 hrs a day) or part-time (4 hrs a day) during the fellowship.
Note that more screening tasks will be added by the end of this week, so please keep checking.
Please refer to the weblink URL of the respective project for details on the screening task.
|Project Name||Screening task description in brief||Weblink||Contact Email Id|
eSim on Cloud
Extending eSim on Cloud platform. Please refer to the weblink URL for more details.
Arduino on Cloud
Extending Arduino on Cloud platform. This internship is not about using or programming in Arduino with the actual hardware components nor using any online simulator. It's about improving and enhancing an existing web-based Arduino simulator. Please refer to the weblink URL for more details.
1: eSim Development Proposal
2: Circuit Simulations using eSim and Sky130
3: Circuit Simulations using Mixed Signal Simulation feature in eSim (NgVeri and/or NGHDL)
4: Migrating eSim UI and Packaging
Please refer to the weblink URL for more details.
- Opportunity to work with faculty from IIT Bombay
- Certificate of Fellowship
- Recognition on the FOSSEE website
Note: At the end of the fellowship you may receive an honorarium depending on the quality of work.
- Selected FOSSEE Fellows' names will be displayed on the FOSSEE website, alternately they shall also receive an email regarding the selection on their registered email id. So it is important to fill in the correct details in the registration form.
- Once the Fellowship starts, every FOSSEE Fellow will be assessed every week based on the quality and quantity of the work. At any point, if the work is found unsatisfactory, the fellowship offer will be withdrawn.